Monday, December 15, 2014

God is good.


So I had my egg retrieval this past Friday and everything went smoothly, thank goodness. I have never had any kind of surgery before, so this was a new experience for me, but all of the doctors and nurses were so kind and encouraging, so that made me feel at ease. The procedure only took like 30 minutes which was a little shorter than I would have thought, but I'm not complaining.

They were able to retrieve 15 eggs which is about what I expected since that is how many had been showing on the ultrasound. Two were damaged and unusable. So they fertilized 9 using ICSI and 4 were put in the petridish with sperm. Unfortunately none of the four in the petridish fertilized, which is kind of a sign that we did the right think by doing IVF, but at the same time it is a little discouraging that they couldn't even find each other in a little dish, so the chances of them finding each other naturally just don't seem very likely. But I have to remember that God is bigger than all of this, and he already has the perfect plan.

I have been called three times since then by the "baby sitter." The first time she told me all of the above, as well as the fact that 5 of them were looking like they should. This was a little discouraging because I was and am aware that the closer in gets to day four, the numbers of embryos that hang on gets smaller and smaller. All day Saturday I had to remind myself that it only takes one and God is in control. When I got the call yesterday, she said they they had found one other that was splitting like it was supposed to, so now we had 6 that had between 4-6 cells, so they were growing just like they should. I was encouraged to hear that another one decided to join in the fun! The call this morning was much like yesterday that we have 5 that have 8 cells like they should and the 1 that they found a little late was doing good between 4-6 cells.

My transfer is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. I am so beyond excited for it, but nervous at the same time, The next two weeks are going to be the longest of my life. Please pray with me that my little babies will continue growing like they should, so that if it is God's will, we will have two to transfer and a couple to freeze for a future transfer.

God is good!


3 comments:

  1. Grow embabies grow! Praying everything goes well Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woke up this morning thinking of you. Hope everything went well Wednesday n you are relaxing.

      Delete
  2. That is so sweet, thanks so much. Everything went well, we transferred two perfect little blastocyst's, so now we wait!

    ReplyDelete