Monday, December 1, 2014

Rejoice Always

The sermon at church two weeks ago was from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and it felt like God was speaking directly to me. We are in the midst of our first IVF cycle and obviously it is a less than ideal way to conceive a child. I could dwell on this, and the fact that we used a big chunk of our savings in order to make this happen, or I could praise God that he led us to our doctor and made it possible for us to be able to afford IVF. This is His plan, it was meant to happen this way and I will praise Him during this time; for allowing us to make others aware of the difficulties of infertility, for allowing us to grow closer to Him and each other, for allowing Him to use me in the way that He has planned. I feel such a peace as we go through this cycle and I have faith that, whatever the outcome, God is with us.

I am on day two of the hMG/FSH shots and have my first ultrasound Wednesday. The husband was out of town when I started giving myself shots, so I have been doing them myself. I'm pretty much a pro now, although now that we are dealing with a bigger needle, I'm glad to have him back to help me out! Our egg retrieval is set for the 11th and I could not be more excited, I can't believe this is all happening!

1 comment:

  1. I tell myself the same thing. This is our path and I will be open about it to help others. Those who disagree are obviously those who were not given this path. How everything goes well during your retrieval.

    ReplyDelete